Sunday 20 January 2013

Lambretta Engine Rebuild Part 4

Af kit, bgm 120w stator and lightened gp flywheel fitted
timing marks made
Dial gauge to find tdc
Asso Piston 

Something I noticed when matching the base gasket to the barrel was that a standard gasket isn't up to the job, so after looking around I found that scooter restorations listed thicker better fitting ones for the sr kit's. After fitting the barrel I used a dial gauge to find tdc and a timing disc to set up the timing as described in stickys book (This book is the first thing you should buy if you are planning on building a Lambretta) One more thing I think you should buy for any top end build you are doing are longer barrel studs. The ones I used were from mb development's, they are tapped further on both sides so they go all the way in to the casings and you still have ample on top

No comments:

Post a Comment