Thursday 7 March 2013

The Lambretta Wiring

A few things done
Lots of wiring
26mm dellorto 

It took a bit of working out when it came to the wiring probably a bit my fault. The stater was a BGM unit, the cdi and the voltage regulator were ducati, the loom was from ScootRS. And the ignition and light switch came form Scooter Restoration. The problem was that the colours of the wires didn't match up so I had to work out each part individually. The back end of the scooter wasn't to bad the problems started in the headset. I think in heinsight I should have ordered all the loom and switches from one place and made sure they supplied a diagram. The loom did come with a good diagram but ScootRS don't sell an ignition switch that has a side light position. In the end it did all work perfectly and I have had no problem with it ( touch wood ) so yes it probably was a bit my fault.

2 comments:

  1. Noticed that some of the pics have raised white lettering on the tires and some do not, did you hi-lite the letters yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i did, i kind of like the 70's look of it. I bought a pen like thing off ebay its a bit like a felt tip pen but the white tyre paint comes out of it. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete